How Does the FASC Designation Work?
The Financial Analyst Specialist Certification (FASC) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on financial analysis fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The FASC program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
Participants gain expertise in the effective use of Excel and other tools that are commonly used in financial analysis. Learn and master the fundamentals of finance by analyzing statements and begin to hone the skills necessary to compete for jobs in the modern financial sector.
To earn the FASC designation:
- Register for the FASC program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the FASC designation and certification.
To learn more about the FASC program, here are some helpful downloads:
. – Syllabus: FASC Syllabus (PDF)
. – Study Guide: FASC Study Guide (PDF)
Most people can complete the program in 2-3 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the FASC can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the FASC certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Dr. Edward D. Weinberger is a PhD and CEO of Post-Quantitative, Inc. and Professor from Polytechnic Institute of New York University. Dr. Weinberger is an expert on the application of math and finance best practices to the improvement of bank business models and operations. (Download this Expert Audio Interview in MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the FASC program, you gain access to 10 instructional videos on financial analysis. Here is an example video below:
Financial Statements (Download this Video in MP4 Format)
If you have questions about the program please call our team at 305-503-9050 or see our list of common questions. If you are ready to get started please complete the registration form.